Meet The Team
Howard J. Hicks Jr.
Howard has over 35 years of experience in the construction field with over 315 million dollars of project development built under his direction. Howard has degrees in both Business Administration and Accounting, and he is a second-generation contractor.
Dan Parkinson, RA, LEED AP
Senior Project Manager
With over 25 years of experience as a Project Manager and Coordinator, Dan also has 12 years of experience as a Project Architect and Project Engineer. Dan is a registered architect with the State of Michigan as well as a licensed builder.
Matthew H. Hicks
Marketing Director, Project Manager
Matthew has over 17 years of experience as a Project Manager and Construction Marketing Executive, and he has a degree in Business Administration. Matthew constitutes the third-generation of Hicks Construction Company.
Mike has over 26 years in project construction ranging from simple build-outs to multi-million Construction Management and GC Developments.
Project Accountant, Controller
Michelle has 20 years of experience as a Project Accountant including construction accounts payable, accounts receivable, AIA formatted construction paperwork, sworn statements and liens and discharges.
Julie has 10 years of experience in all aspects of Clerical Construction Administration including administration of project scopes, bid invitations, plan distribution, addendum distribution, project warranty and closeout documents.
Jim has over 30 years of experience in all aspects of architectural design and construction, from small scale renovations to multi-million dollar projects.
- Established 1994 in Shelby Township, Michigan.
- Hicks is family-owned, second generation.
- Your vision is the force that drives our work.
- HMC is a subsidiary of Hicks Construction.
- Hicks Construction Company, Inc. is fully licensed, bonded and insured.
- We have had on-going success because of our attention to detail in every element of our job performance and our dedication to each client.
- Safety, service and security come first.
- Accountability from start to finish.
- Professionalism in all we do.
- We are fully invested into each project we take on.
- Performing projects within budget, on-time and with absolute quality of workmanship.
- Promoting flexible, innovative solutions and delivering industry-leading results.
- Bringing authenticity, integrity and a fresh perspective to every project.
- Interiors, exteriors and roofing.
- Concept to completion, design-builds, build-to-suit and renovations.
- Experts in unique needs, requirements and specifications.
- We do not sub-out masonry, and HMC is a subsidiary of Hicks Construction.
- Specializing in Schedule-Driven Projects, Construction Management, Pre-Construction, Self-Performed, Equipment Installation and more.
“I am writing to you on behalf of Mt. Charity Missionary Baptist Church. We would like to extend our thanks and blessings to you and your employees for all the efforts in the construction of our new edifice. We would like to specifically thank your superintendent for the professional and expedient job he did in the construction of our buildings. He is an example of why we would recommend Hicks Construction to anyone seeking construction work. He made things happen, supervised workers in an efficient manner and delivered the church when promised. With all the construction that was going on in the City of Detroit, as well as the bureaucratic red tape, the building was delivered in one year. It was a rare pleasure to be able to interact with you personally, instead of a middle person. Finally, we would not hesitate to utilize the services of Hicks Construction Company in future projects. Thank you again and God Bless You!”
– Mt. Charity Missionary Baptist Church
“It was a pleasure working with Hicks Construction on our new Southfield office. Everyone is now moved in and very happy with their new workspaces. I would like to express my appreciation to your project supervisor for his foresight and expertise. His ability to point out potential “red flag” areas before they became a problem helped to avoid inevitable hassles from happening in the future. Please express my appreciation to the electricians, painters and other contractors. This was a great crew you put together for us. I hope Hicks Construction and Arcadia Health Care Services will have the opportunity to work together again. I will certainly think of your company first.”
– Arcadia Health Care Services
“As your work on the Livonia Pet Practice project comes to a close, I felt it necessary to let you know what a welcome pleasure it was to work with your staff on this project. I have designed and coordinated the construction of over 15 verterinary clinics with seven different general contractors for the Pet Practice. None of those projects went as smoothly and efficiently as the Livonia project. While changes and modifications are always part of the process, Hicks was able to keep the momentum going and allow the project to be completed on time. Please express my gratitude to your electricians, painters, plumbers, carpenters and office staff. Their work was truly appreciated, and I look forward to working with you and your organization again in the near future.”
– Livonia Pet Practice
Our culture is founded on a commitment to putting safety, service and security first, while promoting flexible, innovative solutions and delivering industry leading results. The value we provide is not possible without the talent and support of a dedicated team of Hicks subcontractors, and looking out for everyone’s safety is our top priority. Partner with a seasoned professional, and let Hicks help you find the solutions you need to accomplish your goals.